PandaDoc is a popular contract management tool that can streamline tasks across sales, HR, customer service, and other departments. But despite this popularity, there are major limitations with PandaDoc that push some users to look for alternatives.
In this SignWell guide, we’ll explore seven of the best PandaDoc alternatives on the market. Each of these solutions is designed to meet different needs and use cases, so find out what would work for you and start streamlining your processes!
Let’s dive in.
What Is PandaDoc?
PandaDoc is a contract management tool with integrated e-signing and a bunch of sales-focused features.
The tool integrates with almost every major sales and marketing CRM—Hubspot, Salesforce, Copper, Freshsales, Salesmate, and more—to streamline the CPQ process. Libraries for templates and commonly used assets (like pricing tables and clauses) cut down time-to-signature for customers.
But PandaDoc isn’t perfect…
Why Look for PandaDoc Alternatives?
To understand why users look for PandaDoc alternatives, here are a few common complaints collected from G2 reviews:
- Performance Issues: Many users have complained of freezing and failures, resulting in occasional lost work. Others experienced bugs when accessing PandaDoc from their phones or tablets.
- Poor Customer Service: Customers found reaching customer support to be challenging—many struggled to find support resources and others received slow responses. One customer received no troubleshooting support to help resolve performance issues they were facing.
- Expensive: Users complain that pricing can grow exponentially as you expand and add more users. Another pricing issue is that the API is only accessible when you subscribe to the most expensive plan. As a result, workflow automation is not always possible for SMBs.
Criteria to Consider When Choosing a PandaDoc Alternative
Here are some important considerations when selecting a PandaDoc alternative:
- Usability: Your e-signature alternative should be designed to make e-signing easier for everyone, including people used to traditional signing. If the process is clunky and unintuitive, you’ll spend more time training people to use it.
- Privacy and Security: A tool that guarantees the integrity of signed documents is a must. Comprehensive audit logs should verify the signer’s identity, IP, and time and date stamp information. Compliance to look out for includes eIDAS for e-signature compliance, SOC 2 Type 2 for security, availability, and confidentiality compliance, and EU law GDPR for personal data handling and protection. Choose a tool with robust protection like the latest TLS version and AES-256 data encryption.
- Automation: Choose a tool that can automate some (or all) of the signing process. In particular, look for automated reminders, signing orders, and an API that can integrate with existing systems.
- Pricing: Finally, choose a tool that is within your budget and offers good value for the money. Think about time savings, error reduction, streamlining of workflows, and compliance. All these factors will help determine the tool’s true value.
7 Best PandaDoc Alternatives
Here’s the TLDR version of our top seven PandaDoc alternatives:
- Fiverr Workspace
SignWell is an intuitive e-signing tool with features designed to cut turnaround times and get documents signed quickly.
Our tool features bulk sending, workflow automation, and customizable templates, and even allows you to set up reminders to keep the signing process moving smoothly. Audit trails and compliant data security ensure that all documents, signatures, and data are safe and secure.
Plus, we offer an intuitive digital signature API with pay-as-you-go pricing that lets you add e-signing functionality to websites and apps or automate your workflows.
- Embedded Signatures: Collect wherever you’d like by embedding SignWell into your website or app.
- E-Signature API: Use our API to automate your e-signing processes and workflows for efficient, hassle-free signing.
- Document Signing: Confidently collect e-signatures that are secure and compliant with strict U.S. and international e-signature and document handling laws, including SOC 2 Type 2, eIDAS, ESIGN, GDPR, and HIPAA. Documents are protected and securely stored via TLS servers and AES-256 encryption.
- Document Workflows: Streamline your document processes by creating custom workflows to send documents for review and signing automatically.
- Audit Reports: Keep track of your documents with audit trails containing detailed activity logs and verification records.
- Custom Templates: Create custom templates for documents that need to be sent out regularly.
- Integrations: Our platform integrates effortlessly with 5,000+ popular apps, including Slack, Gmail, and Dropbox.
Signwell has a free plan that includes one sender, one template, and three sent documents per month.
We also offer three different paid plans—Personal ($10/month), Business ($30/month), and Enterprise (custom).
The Personal plan offers one sender, up to five templates, and advanced preferences. The Business plan provides three senders (with the option to add more for an extra fee), custom branding, attachments, and various additional features. Lastly, the Enterprise plan is a customized solution designed to cater to specific requirements.
Our e-signature API is flexible, allowing you to create a plan based on the quantity of documents you need to send. As you sign more documents, the cost per document decreases. Plus, you get the first 25 API documents free every month!
Pros and Cons
- Automates Sales workflows to save time and reduce mistakes
- Pay-as-you-go API pricing
- Automatically scales with usage
- Plan designed to support any industry and team
- Responsive customer support
- Free SignWell and SignWell API plans
- Limited features and usage are available on the free plans
Proposify focuses on closing deals with features to create impressive, consistent, error-free proposals and other sales documents. Their stand-out features include proposal branding, content library updates, and interactive proposals.
- Content Library: Build captivating proposals with a centralized content library, fees, approved templates, and more.
- Metrics: Close more deals by learning how prospects interact with your proposals through reports highlighting sections with the most and least impact.
- Interactive Pricing: Close deals faster by allowing your prospects to tailor proposal pricing using interactive fee tables.
Proposify has two plans.
Team ($49/user/month) includes unlimited documents and custom fields, variables, and forms. Business (custom) includes advanced features like premium support, permissions, and Salesforce integration.
Pros and Cons
- Free trial
- Email and chat support
- UI translates into 15 languages
Qwilr is a tool for creating interactive sales collateral.
You can use Qwilr to create interactive quotes, ROI calculators, and more. Qwilr’s modern designs help you stand out from the competition and capture leads quickly. When it’s time to close, leads can sign contracts and agreements through Qwilr to minimize friction.
- Interactive Content: Develop branded sales collateral as web pages and embed interactive pricing, videos, and more for effective interaction.
- Quotes and Pricing: Use precise CRM data to populate quotes and interactive pricing plans.
- Content Management: Centralise your sales content with an up-to-date library based on target market-relevant data from the Marketing team.
Qwilr has two paid plans—Business ($35/user/month) and Enterprise ($59/user/month).
The plans share many features, including e-signing, collaborative editing, and page analytics. You’ll receive a discount when paying annually, and they offer discounts for students and non-profits—contact sales for details.
Pros and Cons
- Stripe integration for instant payments
- 14-day free trial
- API add-on
- Limited branding options on the Business plan
DocuSign supports sales transactions through document sharing, e-signing, and advanced ID verification. They offer the largest network of ID verification, with compliance including Anti-Money Laundering (AML). The e-signing solution lets you embed ID authentication and proofing functionality.
- Identify: This feature includes “AI-enabled biometric liveness detection” for leading verification of most ID documents.
- Web Forms: Speed up form completion with data capture and dynamic content population for agreements.
- Notary: Securely notarize and send critical documents online.
DocuSign has three main plans—Personal ($10/month), Standard ($25/user/month), and Business Pro ($40/user/month).
You can also build a custom Enhanced Plan to access high-volume e-signing and advanced features.
Pros and Cons
- 400+ integrations, including Salesforce
- Great alerts and status tracking
- Real-estate and non-profit-specific plans
- Difficulty assigning new roles to signers
5. Fiverr Workspace
Fiverr Workspace is a business management tool for freelancers, solopreneurs, entrepreneurs, and SMBs.
It includes (among other things) a library of prewritten proposals and contracts, e-signing capabilities, and straightforward customization options to keep documents on-brand. While it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of dedicated e-signing tools, it offers a good set of basic features.
- Contract Builder: Quickly build and customize secure contracts using forms and questionnaires.
- E-Signing: Email documents from the tool to clients to collect digital signatures.
- Business Management: Track income and expenses, generate reports, track time, and manage tasks.
Fiverr Workspace offers a free plan with access to contracts and e-signing.
To customize contracts and generate business reports, you’ll need to upgrade to Premium ($18/month).
Pros and Cons
- Branded proposals
- Award-winning support
- E-signing capabilities
- Not great at reducing manual admin for multiple clients
- Limited payment integrations
Concord focuses on end-to-end contract management with tools to support all stages—from contract creation to closure.
Draft, negotiate, sign, and manage all your sales and other contracts across your organization with features like version control, access controls, and automated workflows.
- Collaboration: Eliminate back-and-forths when editing documents by collaborating with anyone in real-time—including customers, vendors, and coworkers.
- Automated Approvals: Use AI-powered contract approval for more efficient routing and tracking.
- Analytics: Gain visibility into contract performance and utilization with reporting and analytics.
Standard ($17/user/month) offers unlimited e-signing, templates, reminders, bulk sending, and more.
Pro ($49/user/month) delivers functionality like collaboration and negotiation tools, Salesforce integration for automated approvals, and an open API. Enterprise ($89/user/month) includes advanced features like custom branding and a clause library.
Pros and Cons
- Customer onboarding in under three weeks
- Unlimited free guests
- CPQ integration
- Occasional glitchy UI performance
Loopio is an RFP (request for proposal) tool that is a single source of truth for sales teams as they build relationships and respond to customer requests.
The tool offers a powerful content library with search and autofill capabilities, response automation features, and a proposal builder for quickly creating visualizations. Everything is trackable, so you can check which responses have been sent, who is working on them, and what needs to be addressed.
- Automated Responses: Autofill answers to customer questions with detailed information from your content library.
- Proposal Builder: Create visualizations of key points in your proposals to better engage customers.
- Project Management: Track which customer responses have been handled and what is still pending.
Contact sales for pricing information.
Pros and Cons
- Free courses to learn how to design a response process
- Weekly live demo webinar available to learn Loopio
- Accommodates teams of all sizes
- Pricing information is not available on their website
Many businesses turn to contract, quotes, and proposal management platforms to automate repetitive Sales tasks and allow more time to focus on money-making activities. PandaDoc is a popular tool in this space—but it’s not for everyone.
SignWell is a PandaDoc alternative that offers seamless e-signing and document management, a powerful API, and an intuitive UI—all at an affordable price point. Get documents signed quickly, track document status, and benefit from a secure platform trusted by 61,000+ businesses.
Sign up for your free account and send your first 25 API documents for free.
Sign with a team that knows what you need.
Putting a signature on a document shouldn’t be hard. The SignWell mission? Simplify how documents get signed for millions of people and businesses.Get Started Today
businesses served, so far...
total documents signed
customer support satisfaction