Real estate document workflows are as important as they are complex. The right electronic signature tool can dramatically simplify the process—but which do you choose?
At SignWell, we’ve built a leading e-signature solution with the functionality and security that real estate professionals need. As a result, we know a thing or two about what makes for a great real estate signing experience.
Below, we’ve outlined seven of the top e-signature tools that you should consider if you’re looking to streamline your real estate document workflows.
Let’s dive in.
What Is an Electronic Signature Tool for Real Estate?
Electronic signature (or e-signing) tools for real estate allow the parties involved in a property transaction (real estate agents, buyers, sellers, landlords, etc.) to sign contracts and agreements electronically. These tools simplify document signing by allowing all signers to do so online, reducing (or even eliminating) physical paperwork, in-person meetings, and time-consuming back-and-forths.
For an example, consider SignWell.
We offer real estate agents, buyers, and sellers an intuitive e-signing experience backed up by fully compliant anti-tamper measures. Document workflows and automated reminders ensure signers stay on schedule, and a drag-and-drop editor makes document creation simple.
Benefits of Using Electronic Signatures for Real Estate
- Faster Deal Closures: With e-signatures, signers can view and sign documents from anywhere, eliminating the need to meet in person. This speeds up the entire sales process and makes it easier for buyers and sellers to complete deals quickly.
- Increased Efficiency: E-signature tools increase productivity by automating repetitive tasks such as document preparation, storage, and tracking. This minimizes errors and eliminates the need for manual processes, which can be time-consuming.
- Increased Security: Electronic signatures are backed up by highly secure anti-tamper measures to ensure that documents are not altered in transit. Additionally, all data is stored securely on cloud servers with encryption protocols to ensure its safety.
Criteria to Consider When Choosing an Electronic Signature for Real Estate
- Compliance and Security: Security is a significant concern for sensitive real estate documents. Select a tool that is compliant with e-signing regulations and laws like eIDAS, ESIGN Act, and UETA and uses encryption to protect your data.
- Ease of Use: Choose an e-signature tool with straightforward integration processes, secure authentication methods, and a simple user interface. This will help streamline your workflow and make it more efficient.
- Compatibility: Check whether the tool is compatible with your existing systems and processes, such as web browsers, document formats, and email providers.
- Cost: Compare the pricing plans of available tools to choose one that fits your budget. Look for free plans and free trials you can use to test the tool out.
- Integration: Check whether the tool offers native integrations with your tools. Accessible APIs and interactions with tools like Zapier and Integromat are also important.
- Customer Support: Finally, you’ll need quick and efficient help with the tool when issues arise. Check out reviews to learn about users’ experiences with a tool’s customer support offering rather than relying entirely on marketing materials.
7 Best Electronic Signature Tools for Real Estate
Here’s the TLDR version to skim:
- Dropbox Sign
- Xodo Sign
Now, onto the list.
SignWell is a secure, compliant e-signing tool packed with features that support real estate workflows.
Automated signing orders, reminders, and bulk deliveries ensure that all signers stay on schedule and in the loop. This is great for documents that require multiple signatures, like contracts, rental agreements, and escrow agreements.
Our digital signature API means real estate agents can collect legally binding signatures within their existing software. Plus, SignWell’s audit trails ensure that all parties have an accurate record of the signing process.
- E-Signature API: Integrate our API into your website or app code to automate your signature request process and other repetitive admin activities.
- Embedded Signature: Quickly capture signatures on web or app forms without requiring the signer to create an account or follow a link.
- Security: Our security and compliance include eIDAS, ESIGN, SOC 2 Type 2, GDPR, TLS 1.2, AES-256, ISO 27001/27017/27018.
- Document Workflows: Keep deals on schedule by tracking outstanding signatures and actions from everyone involved. Send notifications and set signing orders to automate the process.
- Audit Reports: Generate detailed reports or analyze usage data to see who signed what (and when).
- Custom Templates: Save time on document prep by turning your most used documents into templates.
- Easy Integration: Integrate with your tech stack thanks to 5,000+ integration options, including Gmail, Dropbox, and Slack.
SignWell’s pricing is affordable and transparent.
We offer a limited free plan, a Personal ($10/month) plan for individuals with light e-signing needs, a Business ($30/month) plan for small businesses and real estate firms, and an Enterprise plan for power users.
All paid plans allow for unlimited signed documents each month.
Our API pricing is straightforward, too. It’s pay-as-you-go, and you can send your first 25 API documents each month free of charge!
Pros and Cons
- Personalized and industry-leading support
- Responsive customer support
- Limited features offered on the free plan
Signaturely is an e-signature tool that features a clean, drag-and-drop signing UI that is easy enough for any client to grasp—even if they aren’t familiar with e-signing.
You have plenty of options to choose from when designing your documents—from checkboxes and signatures to date fields and images. You can also customize your documents with your logo or branding to give clients a professional, unified experience.
- Seamless Collaboration: Ensure your deals are closed on time by signing and sending documents to one or several signers.
- Legal Validation: All data collected by Signaturely is legally binding, including signatures, checkboxes, textboxes, and initials.
- Templates: Create reusable document templates and share them with your team to save time.
Signaturely’s free plan allows for one signature request per month.
Personal ($20/month) and Business ($40/user/month) offer unlimited signature requests and advanced features like templates and custom branding.
Pros and Cons
- 20% discount if you pay annually
- Easy to use
- Responsive email support
- Email and knowledge-base support
- Templates can only be edited by the creator
If you’re looking for a platform with unique features to make e-signatures more personal, WeSignature is worth checking out.
The tool offers personalization features like video embedding to help make your documents stand out. There are also features like SMS sign requests and sign reminders that help ensure documents are quickly signed and returned without hassle.
- SMS to Sign: Let your clients sign on the go with SMS e-signature requests.
- Build a Team: Add team members to a project to better collaborate on documents.
- Password Protected Documents: Password protect documents you send for an added layer of security.
WeSignature has four plans—Starter WE ($13/month), Basic WE ($27/month), Pro WE ($57/month), and Enterprise WE ($77/month).
If you want to collect payments through your documents, it’ll cost you an extra $15/month.
Pros and Cons
- Compatible with a wide range of file formats
- Option to text or email documents to the client
- 30-day free trial
- No free plan
CocoSign is a simple e-signature tool for documents and contracts. It’s a solid option for real estate businesses that need an easy, reliable way to sign and manage documents.
It features intuitive digital and in-person signing, automated reminders and updates, bulk sending, and a clean document management dashboard. There are also audit trails for each document to ensure compliance.
- Bulk Sending: Easily email documents to multiple recipients at once to speed up the signing process.
- Custom Branding: Add logos and custom branding to signing pages and documents for an on-brand experience.
- Document Tracker: Receive real-time notifications for all documents sent for signing. Use the dashboard to view document statuses at a glance.
CocoSign has a free plan that supports one sender and five documents monthly.
Paid plans range from Essential ($8/month) to Advanced Solutions (custom) and offer higher document limits, team members, and participant activities.
Pros and Cons
- Save up to 46% when you pay annually
- 24/7 live customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No mobile app version
5. Dropbox Sign
Dropbox Sign is an ideal e-signing vendor for small real estate companies. In addition to integrating well with popular platforms like Salesforce, Slack, and Google Drive, it integrates seamlessly with Dropbox cloud storage.
- Mobile Friendly Signing: Reduce delays in the signing process by allowing your clients to sign contracts from their mobiles.
- Automated Reminders: Send automated reminders to your clients when documents are due, or contracts need to be signed.
- Document Templates: Reduce repetitive document prep work and use customizable templates to send common forms to stakeholders.
Dropbox Sign has four paid plans—Essentials ($15/month), Dropbox One + eSign ($24.99/month), Standard ($25/user/month), and Premium (custom).
Their Essential and Dropbox one + eSign plans are for individual use. The Standard plan suits small teams of two people or more. You’ll need to upgrade to the Premium plan for five or more users.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to use
- Suspicious activity alerts
- Backup and recovery features
- Lacks help tips for more complicated steps
6. Xodo Sign
Xodo Sign is an e-signing tool with security features that reassure real estate professionals concerned about hosting sensitive data online.
Your data is protected with 256-bit SSL encryption and managed by a closely monitored infrastructure. Xodo Sign also integrates with tools like Dropbox and Google Drive for secure document storage.
- Document Management & Security: Store your documents securely after completion, then permanently remove them, schedule them to auto-expire, or export them to a private location.
- Document Editor: Enhance your real estate documents with Xodo’s drag-and-drop document editor.
- Audit Trail: Keep a secure and comprehensive audit trail of all transactions, including emails, IP addresses, and time stamps.
Xodo Sign offers a free plan with five monthly documents and two SMS credits.
Paid plans range from Basic ($9.99/month) to Professional Plus ($99/99/month). There’s also an Enterprise plan that’s customized to your needs.
Pros and Cons
- Ideal for small businesses
- App integrations include Dropbox and Google Drive
- Reasonable pricing
- Templates may include a slight learning curve
DocHub is popular for PDF editing and document signing for large enterprises.
Their editing and e-signing functionality works seamlessly with Google Workspace, so if you use Google Apps frequently, DocHub could be a tool to consider. There are also powerful collaboration tools for real estate teams that frequently need to work on documents together.
- PDF Editing and Annotation: Create, edit, and annotate PDF documents with a drag-and-drop editor.
- PDF Forms and Templates: Create your own custom forms or use templates to speed up the process.
- Advanced Security: Documents are kept private using OAuth 2.0 authentication, and communication between your computer and DocHub’s servers is 256-bit SSL encrypted.
DocHub keeps pricing simple with two plans.
There’s a free plan that supports five documents, and a Pro ($10/month) plan supports unlimited documents.
Pros and Cons
- Great free-forever plan
- Universal language support
- Supports most file formats
- Form completion on the mobile app could be better
Close Deals Faster With SignWell
Electronic signatures streamline workflow processes to increase efficiency and productivity in the modern real estate industry.
At SignWell, we offer features that simplify closing deals, from easy document sharing to secure online signing. Our platform is built with advanced security and audit trails, so you can be sure your documents are kept safe and protected. Plus, our intuitive user interface makes it easy for anyone to sign electronically—no training required.
Ready to automate your real estate document workflow? Get started with a free account and see what SignWell can do.
Sign with a team that knows what you need.
Putting a signature on a document shouldn’t be hard. The SignWell mission? Simplify how documents get signed for millions of people and businesses.Get Started Today
businesses served, so far...
total documents signed
customer support satisfaction